athena AT services.cnrs.fr
Subject: Histoire des techniques
[ATHENA] International MA program “Usable Pasts”: Applied and Interdisciplinary History Higher School of Economics, St Petersburg, Russia.
- From: M. Luísa Sousa <luisacoelhosousa AT fct.unl.pt>
- To: athena AT services.cnrs.fr
- Subject: [ATHENA] International MA program “Usable Pasts”: Applied and Interdisciplinary History Higher School of Economics, St Petersburg, Russia.
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 11:10:41 +0000
- Authentication-results: t2gpsmtp1.dsi.cnrs.fr (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=fct-unl-pt.20150623.gappssmtp.com
International MA program “Usable Pasts”: Applied and Interdisciplinary History
Higher School of Economics, St Petersburg, Russia.How to apply: https://spb.hse.ru/en/ma/apphist/apply_internationalHSE St Petersburg, Department of History, invites international applicants to its two-year, English-language MA program “Usable Pasts”: Applied and Interdisciplinary History.It is the 1st international, 100% English-language taught History MA program in Russia. It already teaches international students from 12 countries, all continents.Academic Head of the Program is Julia Lajus, Associate Professor, Head of the Laboratory for Environmental and Technological History. Internationally well-known professors teach at the program: Nikolai Ssorin-Chaikov (formerly prof. at Cambridge U.), Alexander Semyonov (PhD from Central European U.), Marina Loskutova (PhD from Central European U.), Alexandra Bekasova (formerly European University at St. Petersburg), Tatiana Borisova (PhD from U. of Turku).This is a program for you, if you are keen:
- to understand how history speaks to the future
- to get interdisciplinary training or to add historical training to your previous education
- to build an academic career in new global, comparative, environmental, technological history, history of empire and nationalism, heritage and historical memory studies
- to learn how to use historical knowledge in media, museums, tourism industry applying new methods in digital humanities and public historyThe program offers strong research-led teaching that draws on the Department’s strength in global, comparative and transnational history, including studies of empires and nationalism, socialism, post-socialism and post-colonialism, environmental and economic history and anthropology, history of science and technology, and the anthropology of memory. Students benefit from interdisciplinary grounding in methods of historical research and textual criticism, cultural heritage and museum studies, anthropology, historical geography and geoinformation systems, digital humanities, oral history and visual methods.We seek applicants with undergraduate degrees in all disciplines with strong commitment to study history. Send in your personal motivation statement and be prepared for admission interview. Eligible students will have good command of English.This program provides skills for further academic study, including PhD, as well as non-academic careers. It includes the possibility of internships in over fifty St. Petersburg museums and other public organizations as well as options for Russian language training.Only applications submitted before March 31, 2019 will be considered for full tuition scholarships, after that date the programme welcomes fee-paying students, significant discounts are available to highly qualified students.Contacts: Head of the Program Julia Lajus (jlajus AT hse.ru)Coordinator Dilorom Akhmedzhanova (dakhmedzhanova AT hse.ru)
Details of courses: http://spb.hse.ru/en/ma/apphist/about
How to apply: https://spb.hse.ru/en/ma/apphist/apply_international
- [ATHENA] International MA program “Usable Pasts”: Applied and Interdisciplinary History Higher School of Economics, St Petersburg, Russia., M . Luísa Sousa, 03/20/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.