athena AT services.cnrs.fr
Subject: Histoire des techniques
[Athena] Fwd: Versailles on Paper - exhibition and website
- From: Christiane Demeulenaere <christiane.demeulenaere AT gmail.com>
- To: Diffusion-hist des techniques <athena AT services.cnrs.fr>
- Subject: [Athena] Fwd: Versailles on Paper - exhibition and website
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:32:34 +0100
- Authentication-results: t2gpsmtp1.dsi.cnrs.fr (amavisd-new); dkim=pass header.i= AT gmail.com
From: H-France <h-france AT lists.uakron.edu>
Date: 2015-02-15 15:17 GMT+01:00
Subject: Versailles on Paper - exhibition and website
To: "h-france AT lists.uakron.edu" <h-france AT lists.uakron.edu>
Versailles on Paper: A Graphic Panorama of the Palace and Gardens of Louis XIV
This exhibition documents the contemporary representation of Versailles through a multifaceted array of prints, books, maps, medals, and manuscripts. It highlights in particular those elements that today survive only on paper: ephemeral festivals; short-lived creatures (courtiers, animals, flowers); fragile groves and fountains too costly to maintain; and once celebrated masterpieces of art and architecture that were irrevocably destroyed or altered. This “paper Versailles” is quite different from the one that millions of tourists visit every year and affords many unusual and surprising glimpses into a largely lost world.
- [Athena] Fwd: Versailles on Paper - exhibition and website, Christiane Demeulenaere, 02/16/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.