athena AT services.cnrs.fr
Subject: Histoire des techniques
[ATHENA] Call for Papers: Second Workshop on Scientific Archives
- From: dymfau2 <dymfau2 AT orange.fr>
- To: athena <athena AT services.cnrs.fr>
- Subject: [ATHENA] Call for Papers: Second Workshop on Scientific Archives
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 14:25:00 +0100 (CET)
Call for Papers: Second Workshop on Scientific Archives
Date: 13 & 14 August 2018
Venue: Carnegie Institution for Science, Washington, D.C.
Organized by: Committee on the Contemporary Archives of Science and Technology (C-CAST) of the International Council on Archives/Section on University and Research Institution Archives (ICA/SUV)
Proposals are now being accepted for the Second Workshop on Scientific Archives, organized by Committee on the Contemporary Archives of Science and Technology (C-CAST) of the ICA/SUV. The aim of the workshop is to explore topics in the area of the contemporary archives of science and technology.
Possible themes for papers include (but are not limited to):
- Collaboration between scientists and archivists to best capture contemporary material
- Appraisal of science and technology archives
- Curating and making accessible science and technology archives to support both humanities research and scientific reuse
- Describing specialist collections from a non-scientific perspective
- Archives and scientific data management and usage
- Public outreach and communication: who are scientific archives for?
The First Workshop on Scientific Archives was hosted by the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg (DE), 1-2 November 2016. More information available here: www.embl.org/archive/workshop
The organizing committee welcomes proposals from archivists, historians, scientists, engineers, data specialists and curators.
Papers are to be 20 minutes. Please submit a 400-word abstract using the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/4sCKjhlJQsWnU3rm1 by Thursday 29 March 2018.
Papers will be selected by the organizing committee by Friday 20 April 2018, at which point selected speakers will be notified. The full program will be published in early-May 2018.
A limited number of travel bursaries will be available for international presenters. These will be distributed by the organizing committee.
C-CAST looks forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you in August in D.C.!
On behalf of the C-CAST:
Bethany Anderson, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA)
Anne-Flore Laloë, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (Germany)
Melanie Mueller, American Institute of Physics (USA)
Jonathan Pledge, British Library (UK)
Ron Brashear, Science History Institute (USA)
- [ATHENA] Call for Papers: Second Workshop on Scientific Archives, dymfau2, 02/05/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.