athena AT services.cnrs.fr
Subject: Histoire des techniques
[ATHENA] Reminder, deadline 29 November, 2019: call for thematic issues, HoST journal 2021.
- From: M. Luísa Sousa <luisacoelhosousa AT fct.unl.pt>
- Subject: [ATHENA] Reminder, deadline 29 November, 2019: call for thematic issues, HoST journal 2021.
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 08:53:13 +0000
(for your information, with apologies for cross-postings)
HoST- Journal of History of Science and Technology is an open access, on-line peer-reviewed international journal devoted to the History of Science and Technology, published in English by a group of Portuguese research institutions and De Gruyter/Sciendo (https://content.sciendo.com/view/journals/host/host-overview.xml). HoST encourages submissions of original historical research exploring the cultural, social and political dimensions of science, technology, and medicine (STM), both from a local and a global perspective. Past thematic issues have dealt with topics as diverse as circulation, communication of science and the relation between science and politics. Future issues might deal with both established and emerging areas of scholarship.
The editors of HoST are looking for proposals for two thematic issues to be published in 2021 (HoST volume 15, issues 1 and 2). Each thematic issue should be prepared by a guest editor and include four research papers.
Proposals should include the following items:
1. An abstract describing the topic for the thematic issue and its significance (500 words);
2. A list of the contributors along with the titles and abstracts (300 words) of the four research papers;
3. Brief CVs (300 words) of the guest editor(s) and authors;
The guest editor(s) and the contributors must be prepared to meet the HoST publication schedule:
· Abstract and titles submission: 29 November, 2019
· Submission of complete research papers:
o 29 May, 2020 (Issue 1)
o 30 November, 2020 (Issue 2)
o June, 2021 (Issue 1)
o December, 2021 (Issue 2)
Proposals will be subject to approval by the Editorial Board and the outcome will be known to the authors by December 2019.
Submissions should be sent as an e-mail attachment (preferably in one single .doc, .docx, .rtf or .odt file), to the editor: chiefeditor AT johost.eu
- [ATHENA] Reminder, deadline 29 November, 2019: call for thematic issues, HoST journal 2021., M . Luísa Sousa, 11/22/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.