athena - [ATHENA] Séminaire du CIS avec Maria Castaldo, 10 novembre 2022, 11h à 12h30

athena AT services.cnrs.fr

Objet : Histoire des techniques

[ATHENA] Séminaire du CIS avec Maria Castaldo, 10 novembre 2022, 11h à 12h30

  • From: Céline Vaslin <celine.vaslin AT cnrs.fr>
  • Subject: [ATHENA] Séminaire du CIS avec Maria Castaldo, 10 novembre 2022, 11h à 12h30
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 16:15:01 +0200

Bonjour,

Le séminaire du Centre Internet et Société (CIS) reçoit Maria Castaldo, doctorante au CNRS (Gipsa-lab et CIS), le 10 novembre 2022, de 11h à 12h30, à Paris et en visioconférence : https://cis.cnrs.fr/sem-cis-27-maria-castaldo/.

Inscription requise : https://cis.cnrs.fr/extras/inscriptions/sem_cis.php

Ce séminaire explorera, d’un point de vue conceptuel d’abord et empirique ensuite, les aspects temporels des dynamiques de diffusion en ligne, avec une approche fortement interdisciplinaire (au croisement entre les media studies et les sciences sociales computationnelles) et un focus particulier sur YouTube.

Attention dynamics on YouTube: conceptual models, temporal analysis of engagement metrics, fake views

This seminar will explore the temporal aspects of online diffusion dynamics with a strongly interdisciplinary approach and a specific focus on YouTube.

First, in a Media Studies context, we discuss the importance of investigating content consumption rhythms, arguing that, in the same way as other information disorders, certain attention regimes can restrain the development of a healthy public debate. We provide a conceptualization for over accelerated attention regimes in which few contents get most of the collective attention but are incapable of sustaining it for long, giving rise to ephemeral and fragmented public debates. This conceptualization will be followed by empirical study of attention dynamics online. In particular, we will focus on a large YouTube dataset containing the evolution of views-count for 1400 channels representative of the French media sphere. We propose a Bass model to explain views-count evolutions and investigate the role that imitation and innovation mechanisms play in shaping the diffusion on YouTube. We hence investigate which of this components could be responsible of the rise of over-accelerated and over-concentrated attention rhythms.

Maria Castaldo graduated from Turin Polytechnic University in mathematics for engineering, with a special focus in data science, machine learning and game theory. She completed her master’s degree with a thesis entitled “On a centrality maximization game,” in which she analyzes strategies that can be used to maximize the visibility of web pages on Google by changing only hyperlinks. She started her Ph.D in 2019 a strongly interdisciplinary doctorate between Media Studies and Computational Social Science, mainly focused on studying the dynamics of online content dissemination.

Bien cordialement,

***
Centre Internet et Société (CIS)
CNRS UPR 2000 / GDR 2091
https://cis.cnrs.fr

  • [ATHENA] Séminaire du CIS avec Maria Castaldo, 10 novembre 2022, 11h à 12h30, Céline Vaslin, 26/10/2022

Archives gérées par MHonArc 2.6.19.

Haut de le page