athena - [ATHENA] Call for Paper, UMAC-UNIVERSEUM join conference, TUD -Dresden University of Technology, 24th-29th Septembre 2024

athena AT services.cnrs.fr

Objet : Histoire des techniques

[ATHENA] Call for Paper, UMAC-UNIVERSEUM join conference, TUD -Dresden University of Technology, 24th-29th Septembre 2024

  • From: "s.soubiran" <s.soubiran AT unistra.fr>
  • Subject: [ATHENA] Call for Paper, UMAC-UNIVERSEUM join conference, TUD -Dresden University of Technology, 24th-29th Septembre 2024
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 09:23:21 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth04.partage.renater.fr 047421C026B

Dear colleagues,
Dear friends,

It is my great pleasure to inform you that the call for papers for the 2024 UMAC-UNIVERSEUM join annual meeting is ready.

This join conference with ICOM_UMAC will take place at the TUD -Dresden University of Technology, 24th-29th Septembre 2024

The general theme is "SHAPING TRANSFORMATION. UNIVERSITY COLLECTIONS IN A CHANGING WORLD : In a world undergoing profound processes of transformation, societal, political, and environmental changes are increasingly impacting all areas of human life.  For university collections and museums, such developments present both challenges and opportunities. The way academic heritage is perceived and the infrastructures dedicated to its management and care are currently in a state of flux, leading sometimes to decline, sometimes to new life. Looking back, similar developments have affected academic heritage at various points in history, and they are likely to do so in the years to come.These processes of transformation and transition, their impact on university collections and museums, and how we respond to them both individually and as a community, will be the overarching theme of the 2024 Dresden conference.

Three different subtopics were identified to address this conference theme :

1. University Collections and Museums Addressing Challenge and Transition

2. Activating University Collections for Research and Teaching in Times of Change

3. Academic Heritage Institutions as Places of Exchange and Discourse

As usual you can choose different formats for your presentation : regular paper, flash talk, poster as well as two new formats offered by our guest this year : Project speed dating and round tables.

I am also happy to announce that both ICOM-UMAC and UNIVERSEUM will offer a limited number of travel grants for conference participants.

Last but not least the conference will be preceded by three pre-conference workshops, to be held on Tuesday, September 24th, 2024, from 1:30 to 5:30 pm.

Final deadline for all submissions and applications is January 21st, 2024.

You will find complete and all necessary information on the dedicated website of the conference (https://tu-dresden.de/kustodie/umac-universeum2024) or universeum website

There is also a dedicated portal to submit your contribution, (please note that the creation of a personal account will be required).
https://www.eventclass.it/umac-universeum2024/

I would like to thanks our dear colleagues from TU Dresden who have been working on this conference for many years now and are deeply committed to offer the
best condition to welcome this first on site join UMAC_UNIVERSEUM conference. Offering a great opportunity to discuss academic heritage worldwide.

Looking forward to reading your applications,

All best,

Sébastien Soubiran, Dr
University of Strasbourg

President of Universeum
Director of Jardin des sciences

Tél : +33 (0)3 68850517
s.soubiran AT unistra.fr

Jardin des sciences
12, rue de l'Université
F - 67000 Strasbourg
http://jardin-sciences.unistra.fr/

Universeum
https://www.universeum-network.eu/

  • [ATHENA] Call for Paper, UMAC-UNIVERSEUM join conference, TUD -Dresden University of Technology, 24th-29th Septembre 2024, s.soubiran, 06/12/2023

Archives gérées par MHonArc 2.6.19.

Haut de le page